You can make a safe and secure online donation at any time by clicking below!
Your gifts make a lasting impact on the vulnerable, sick community members experiencing homelessness that come to Joseph’s Home for healing. Please also consider making a contribution through the following:
- Donor-Advised Funds: Recommend a gift to Joseph’s Home through your donor advised fund using the following information:
- Our Federal Identification Number (EIN): 34-1901676
- Our Mailing Address: 2412 Community College Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115
- Retirement Assets: Over 70 1/2? You may be able to satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) by gifting the amount directly to Joseph’s Home with no negative tax consequences.
- Stocks: If you are interested in donating stocks, please contact Development Director Erin Gay Miyoshi at 216.987.9201 or [email protected].
Sponsor an Event
Each year Joseph’s Home hosts two sponsored events: Perseverance in Hope: The Joseph’s Home Benefit Luncheon and the Warm Hands, Warm Hearts Happy Hour. For more information about these exciting opportunities, contact Development Director Madeline Wallace at 216.987.9201 or [email protected].
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many employers provide matching gift programs in which companies financially match donations that their employees make to nonprofit organizations like Joseph’s Home. When an employee makes a donation, they’ll request the matching gift from their employer, who then makes their own donation.
Check with your employers’ human resource office to find out if your gifts to Joseph’s Home can be matched!
Host a Donation Drive Benefiting Joseph’s Home
We would be happy to help you plan your donation drive! Here are a few ideas:
- Host a Jeans Day or Dress Down Day at your office or school. Ask coworkers or classmates to donate a set dollar amount or bring an item from our wishlist – in exchange they can dress in casual clothes for a day. Talk to your employer or school administration in advance of planning a Dress Down Day to get the proper approvals.
- Competition between groups or departments. Competitions between groups can be fun and can encourage people to stretch a little further in their donation. Have groups compete to see who can raise the most money or gather the most donations in a set period of time. Don’t forget to get management or administration approval if competition is workplace based.
- Host a Virtual Drive. For colleagues, friends, and family not located nearby, you can host a virtual drive. Promote your drive through email and social media. Direct supporters to our website, josephshome.com, to make a financial donation or to order items from our wish list. On the donation form, they can credit their donation to your donation drive efforts by making their gift in honor of you.
If you have any questions or would like to request our Donation Drive Toolkit, please contact Development Director Madeline Wallace at [email protected]
Plan a Service Day with Colleagues
There are many ways for your group to meaningfully impact the lives of the medically fragile men of Joseph’s Home. We especially invite you to consider projects that will offer your team the opportunity to interact personally with our residents. Here are some ideas:
- Prepare and serve a weekend meal.
- Plan and lead a group activity such as a game night or art class.
- Teach a class or seminar on topics of interest such as finances.
- Help organize and clean the Joseph’s Home facility and outdoor space.
Please note: All in-person volunteer activities have been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Check back for updates about our volunteer policies in the coming months.
It Is Our Mission
Joseph’s Home, a ministry of the Sisters of Charity Health System, provides a nurturing, caring environment for men without resources who have acute medical needs, helping them heal and achieve independence.
- AddressJoseph’s Home
2412 Community College Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115